Saturday, April 18, 2015

Never Give Up on Your Goals!


This image speaks volumes to me! Growing up I was told to never pursue my dreams because they would never come true. I shouldn't waste my time.

I used to believe this. I would find a million reasons why other people had success and compare them to myself. "They had more money." "They had friends with similar goals." "Their family helped them." The list would go on and on as to why it would work for them but not me.

It wasn't till recently that I realized if I continued to think this way anything I ever wanted out of life would never happen. I would continue to live life dying for something to change only to realize when I am dying that I never really lived.

We all have things that hold us back from pursuing our goals. Money is usually a big objective. Instead of saying "it will never happen because I could never afford it." Say to yourself "how could I afford it?" Don't focus on what isn't possible but change your focus on how to make it possible.

I've been wanting to move for quite awhile. I couldn't apply for mortgage till I raised my credit score up. The beginning of last month I sat down and made a plan. I tracked every penny I spent. If it wasn't necessary I didn't buy it. I have a passion for helping people. I got passed my fear of failure and reached out to help people on their fitness goals. Through the money I saved by tracking what I spent and the money I made through beachbody by helping others I was able to pay off all but our two highest credit cards and raise both of our scores by over 100 points each.

I could have easily continued to live the way I was. Hoping for my score to somehow miraculously change. Months would've went by and my score wouldn't have hardly budged. I'd still be living where I am now.

Instead I pursued my goals and now NEXT friday we will be applying for our mortgage!!

If we give up on our dreams or do nothing to pursue them we will be like the guy who turned around that was soooo close!! Instead let's be like the guy above. Who is determined to reach his goals and gives 110%. Who WON'T give up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment